Let’s take an in-depth look at some of the most futuristic movies.
Tablets starting 2001: A Space Odyssey
They are already in every household.
Voice-controlled light switch from Demolition Man
These items can be found easily on Amazon or at your local Home Depot.
J.A.R.V.I.S Iron Man
Voice-controlled assistants have revolutionized the way you can now create your own J.A.R.V.I.S. It can build an Iron Man suit for you at home, but it cannot control your voice.
The Impact of AI
AI is becoming more popular in many industries. It is changing the retail industry , and the travel industry . AI-powered devices are also invading our homes, making them smart homes.
There are more and more people who can get AI-powered home systems. TechCrunch reports that 47.3 millions Americans have access to smart speakers like Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
This means that approximately 1/4 of Americans use an AI-powered device and that the number keeps increasing.
Are there other AI-powered devices you can use to make your home a smarter place? Let’s look at the top devices with AI other than smart speakers.
1. Home Security
Although security cameras aren’t new, they can be very expensive. The AI-powered face recognition feature and cloud storage have made home security more effective and cheaper.
Modern AI-powered home safety systems include the following:
- Professional home monitoring kit. AI powered home security systems can install wireless sensors that can be paired with your smartphone to send you a notification when they detect a face that isn’t already in the cloud storage.
- Compatible with other devices. Modern security systems can synchronize and control other devices in your house, including speakers and appliances. These devices can be controlled by home security systems in the event that they are stolen.
- Protocol support. AI enabled smart home security system manufacturers to increase the compatibility with nearly all smart home protocols including Bluetooth LE, Z-Wave and Kidde.
The rapid advancement of Artificial Intelligence has allowed home security systems to become more sophisticated, offering more features for their owners.
The most popular AI-powered home security products currently on the market include WinkLookout Smart Security, and Abode Iota All in One Security Kit. These products include smart cameras that recognize faces with Google Assistant, and a smartphone application that syncs with the security system.
2. Energy Efficiency
Smart lighting is now possible thanks to AI. This not only adds new features to your home but also lowers your energy consumption.
Smart lighting features smart light bulbs, hand controllers and a feature that connects smart lighting to a personal assistant. AI-powered voice recognition allows you to dim your home’s lights. Futuristic, isn’t it?
Smart lighting is also beneficial for businesses. After installing smart lighting systems in their 24 hour customer service office, an international real estate company Flatfy reported that they have reduced their energy costs by 40%. This AI-powered feature is well worth every penny.
Smart lighting systems have the following benefits:
- Set a timer to turn your lights on or off when you like.
- Voice control. Smart lighting integrates with a home assistant that is close to the voices of household members. You can thus control all the lights in your home with one command.
- Motion detectors. Smart lighting systems can also be controlled by motion detectors. The lights respond to movement as soon as you enter or exit the room.
Philips Hue is the best AI-powered smart light solution available. This kit comes with smart bulbs and a Hue Bridge, which connects to your devices like your smartphone or Amazon Alexa.
3. Climate Control
Heating costs are one of the most expensive household expenses. AI has you covered with smart climate control. Smart home climate control systems and AC adjustments can be used remotely to adjust the heating of your house.
AI-powered thermostats have the following features:
- C-Wire Kit. This adapter lets you connect the thermostat to any room in your home.
- Smart thermostats learn from their owners. Machine-learning feature. You can set the thermostat’s characteristics and it will adjust itself according to your preferences.
- Integration with Home Assistants. Smart climate controls systems can be connected to Alexa and other home assistants. This allows you not only to control your thermostat via your smartphone but also with your voice.
The Simple Thermostat is one of the most popular smart thermostats. This smart thermostat has been Energy-star certified. It will lower your heating costs no matter where you live.
Artificial Intelligence offers many new options to make your home smarter. These solutions are expensive, but they will save you a lot of money over the long-term.
The future of AI is already here. What do you think AI-powered home solution? Have you used them? Please share your experiences with us in comments!